And then there was Seven

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzman

Thought I'd post some pics of my lastest addition to my Savage family. This one makes it seven now. Picked this up dirt cheap off eBay. Only had half a tank through it before the flywheel started slipping on the collet due to not being tightened properly and the person who asembled it using way to much thread lock and wasn't able to get the bolt out of the crank. Spent the last 15 years of it's life sitting in it's originall box collecting dust. The body hadn't even been painted. stripped the engine expecting to find it gummed up with 15 year old fuel and rust but to my amazement it looked brand new like it had never been used. came with full Hitec radio gear, reverse module and nitro starter kit. I have changed the wheels as don't want to ruin the original GT5 wheels that again are like brand new.. Only thing I have had to purchase is a new 6v battery hump. So after a complete nut and bolt strip down and a quick paint job on the body this is what she looks like.

DSCF0461.JPGDSCF0468.JPGDSCF0483.JPGDSCF0473.JPGDSCF0480.JPGDSCF0484.JPGDSCF0486.JPGDSCF0504.JPGDSCF0488.JPGDSCF0499.JPG

Good job Gazzman looks spotless & as you say appears to have not much use.
Lucky the servos still work, had the same hitec on my steering which blow up after not being used for 10+ hrs!
Good find with reverse & see you have the engine stop fitted!
Body shell paint job looks spot on also! 👍🏻

Good job Gazzman looks spotless & as you say appears to have not much use.
Lucky the servos still work, had the same hitec on my steering which blow up after not being used for 10+ hrs!
Good find with reverse & see you have the engine stop fitted!
Body shell paint job looks spot on also! 👍🏻
Yer she sure is peachy, just like I purchased it from a shop yesterday Man when I say it's like brand new that's an under statement. The paint job is ok but did it at 2am after a couple of beers so could be better but I'm well pleased with it. Dosn't show in the photos but it's a candy apple red with metal flake, looks the bullocks in the flesh, very pleased with it. Sad that people buy these things, don't undersrtand the workings of them, screw them up then just shelve them. It did look like a peice of shite when i bought it.,Looked like it had sent it's life in the back of a shed, had cobwebs the lots. LOL. But like I said came with everything, Maunals, Box,, 2005 HPI & CML catalogues, all the spare parts HPI ship with the SS model, Hitec Ranger III Transmitter & reciever also boxed, glow starter, fuel bottle & a Pro Peak Delta Charger all boxed. The wheels are like brand new so keeping them for a rainny day and yer the engine stop is a great plus, have 3 of these now and this one dosn't even look like it's been used, Got all this for £90, some say Friday the 13th is unlucky but for me it was a jackpot winner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back