alza racing XL chassis comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biddie_fiddler

Hi All,

After the Christmas holiday I will be doing a rebuild of my savage.

I plan on getting a new chassis from alza racing, but there are two different types. Just wanna know if anyone knows the benefits of going for the 7075 Ali chassis over the standard Ali chassis.

The obvious benefit is the strength of the 7075 alloy - but is it worth the extra cost? I've never really heard of a savage chassis ever being a real weak-point of the savage.

What savage do you have currently.
Here is my 2017 xl flux with alza 3mm tvp and center diff kit

Attachments

• 20181220_102347.jpg
    20181220_102347.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 46
It is savage XL 5.9 that is converted to flux. Still running stock tvps that didn't have battery mount holes, hence me wanting to get a new set of tvps. I made my own but its never really been any good.
I'm starting a rebuild and new tvps is part of the plan

What savage do you have currently.
Here is my 2017 xl flux with alza 3mm tvp and center diff kit

Looks nice,
I think I will also tune my Savage XL Flux( Octane Style 2017) with the ALZA Parts.

What Center Diff you use ? One from the HPI Forza ? And what for pinion combination you use on your Mid Diff ? 22 tooth?!

I will also go to the 3mm thickness oft he ALZA TVP,s , I think the stiffness is ok and with the 5 mm TVP you increase the weight to much

Thanks

Can't imagine you would even notice an extra 6oz on a truck the size of a savage. That's like half a tire.

I've only had a longer than 21/X savage once, but it was the hot bodies plates on a nitro savage. I've bent X tvp's and 21 style tvp's as well as the HB tvp's more than once. So, if you can afford it, get the 7075 5mm ones, then your likely to never have an issue, even if you lawn dart it or hit something solid.

I bent my X tvp's when I hit a curb hidden in the grass and my 21 TVp's when I lawn darted a jump from about 10 feet up. I lost comm and the FS kicked in which sent it all off kilter mid flight, it landed so hard on it's nose, it busted the engine mount and the engine literally fell out... could have been 15 feet... lol!

Thanks for your comment and you are right, I will order the 5 mm TVP‘s to be on the save side and if I spend for the complete ALZA kit so much money it can be the roughest that I can buy .
Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Back