Aluminum upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thatnitrolife

I found a savage xl in good shape yesterday I’m looking at getting all aluminum up grades like I have on my savage x I got that one as is used but it’s awesome and got lucky with the xl find. The aluminum on my x is integy. What are other good companies and why do people trash integy so much? And I’m having trouble finding monster truck tires like you would see at a show

Been out of it for some time but people bash on aluminum parts in general. There is some key parts worth upgrading to aluminum, like rear knuckles, maybe bulkheads. A-arms is a bad idea unless your easy on the truck, they have no give. If it's just a show truck then I would think what ever looks best and is avialible.

A lot of integy's stuff is awful quality. I've snapped their bulkheads literally in half with plastic shock towers in my t-maxx days. The threaded holes are also tapped very loosely and the alloy is soft, so they threads strip out after the 2nd or 3rd part removal.

They look nice, but the fitment isn't great either on some parts.

So far, there are only a small handful of parts from them that I liked that I"ve bought over the years. The rear axle carriers for the savage are good, the 4 point steel roll bar for the revo is ok, center skid for the t-maxx as ok. Really though, the only part I had that took a hit and held up are the savage rear axle carriers.

Latest posts

Members online

Back