aluminium clutch shoes...plse help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quikmik

I have fitted aluminium clutch shoes and now I cant get the clutch to disengage.It is fitted correctly....any ideas ?:confused:

maybe the screw of your clutc is locking the clutch bell to the shaft its mounted on.
check the brass bushing if it`s worn, if it`s worn it can gradually fasten the cb to the shaft, put a new bushing on and you`re done.

when the engine is not running the clutch bell spins freely, I will check this though, thanks

the aluminium shoes came with washers which I did not use , could this be the problem ?

washers?
I didn`t use washers in my alu clutch and except for my own brass bushing it`s working fine.

I didn't think the washers were for a savage, the kit also fits the Tmaxx I think they might be for that model. I'll strip it down and rebuild, if it still won't disengage, I might get the Werks racing clutch.

check the springs again if they`re mounted properly if they`re ok, try stiffer springs.
the HPI clutch set had small hex screws with it, they`re meant to change the weight of the shoes.
a heavier shoe will engage faster than a light shoe, if your clutch set has them as well, take them out.

thanks trash

I put new springs in and its sorted, I think I damaged the stock ones putting them in.

tell me how they work.... when you get them working that is i want some

trashard said:
check the springs again if they`re mounted properly if they`re ok, try stiffer springs.
the HPI clutch set had small hex screws with it, they`re meant to change the weight of the shoes.
a heavier shoe will engage faster than a light shoe, if your clutch set has them as well, take them out.
I HAVE THE SAME CLUTCH SET UP LIKE U DO,I HAVE A STS.28 MOTOR,WHAT DO U SUGGEST SHOULD I REMOVE THE HEX SCREWS AS WELL?OR SHOULD I JUST GET A STIFFER SPRING?THANKS:confused:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back