Aftermarket slipper pad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfie1

So i bought some of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253335260658 as nowhere seems to sell them anymore, so they arrived but 1 side isint self adhesive like the oe ones, so i don't know if I'm being thick here but how are supposed to attach it onto the spur gear so it doesnt slip, or will it be just fine because the spur has notches and it will just sit there quite happily?

Now you see i did initially think that, but getting it off again to replace would def be a problem i reckons

I've never use them but i would [assume] that the notches combined with the pressure of the spring keeping it tight would keep it from slipping.

I mean the worst that can happen is you put it on and it does slip. it wouldn't be hard to just remove the spur again and glue it.

What do you use instead?

i use the RRP gen 3 slipper unit. its a hardened steel spur plus their own slipper unit design with the pad and hub and everything. its pricey but worth it.

i just googled that part 44t and its for a flux, is other sizes available and does it also fit the nitro version? Ive never seen that before

As long as it’s done up tight enough & meshed correctly of all the years I did/have been running truck I have never had to replace just the slipper pad on its own!
I would just stick in place with some s/glue & tighten up, worse case if you need to replace pad it would easily scrap off plastic! ??

Shoe goo or E6000 will work and can be removed, I've used it to hold tyres on rims as well as slipper pads. Or you can make your own slipper pad out of high temp gasket sheet if you can cut it to shape.

You know shoe goo is a product that i have never used before, i have always heard a lot of talk about it, is it that good?

yes there is, part number is 7347 for the nitro savages (its 47t). I don't believe they make other sizes tho, just otters size clutch bells

I've never used shoo goo for a slipper pad but I use it ( or the amazing goop, very similar) to help reinforce bodies. its nice, its just like a rubberized glue.

so i think i know the answer to this but I'm gonna ask anyways, would a 52t spur and 15t clutch bell be the same gearing as a 47t spur and 20t clutch bell, my brain is saying yes but would that change the torque? I'm not 100% sure though lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back