A bit sluggish on 5S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FR Rayward

Hey folks. I recently got a Tork 2200 motor for my Flux, because my 3100 Medusa was getting a bit hot. I am running it on 4S / 5S, with a 20t pinion, BP diffs, stock spur and Badland MT's. I've taken it for 5 runs with the new motor, and it just doesn't seem madly fast like I thought it would be. I've done standing backs, but only on the roughest gravelless concrete I can find (to get traction), or it just flips on it's lid. It wont wheelie on concrete above say 30 km/h, and even less on grass. Should I be expecting this sort of performance with 6S only, or is there something funny going on with my setup? In my speed run motor with the Medusa on 5S, 60km/h wheelies are unavoidable haha.. maybe cause the Medusa was just an epic little motor?

Any ideas? I'll probably get some 6S packs soon anyway..

the medusa wasnt "epic," its a matter of simple math:

2200kV x 18.5v = 40,700 rpm
3100kV x 18.5v = 57,350 rpm

The Medusa would get hot because the RPM is way too high to be pushing such a heavy car.

you could throw 6s on it and give the car near 49,000 rpm.

the medusa wasnt "epic," its a matter of simple math:

2200kV x 18.5v = 40,700 rpm
3100kV x 18.5v = 57,350 rpm

The Medusa would get hot because the RPM is way too high to be pushing such a heavy car.

you could throw 6s on it and give the car near 49,000 rpm.

Yes I know that, I'm not expecting the top speed of the Medusa due to gearing. But I thought wheelie's above low speed would be in the range of the bigger, more torquey motor. 20/44 isn't really tall gearing.

Yes I know that, I'm not expecting the top speed of the Medusa due to gearing. But I thought wheelie's above low speed would be in the range of the bigger, more torquey motor. 20/44 isn't really tall gearing.

next question is how you have your esc set up with the castle link? my punch control is set to zero, whats is yours?

I'd be asking the C rating of the packs. Sounds like they may not have the jam. Also see the start power N stuff on the castle link

Also you don't have the tires for back flips... put the stock jelly donuts on it if you want to do silly stuff like that.

Here's my CC specs
CC-1.png

I might up motor timing, see if that helps. My batteries are Turnigy packs. The 5S set is 4000mah, with 40-50c discharge.

if you want wheelies, flips and other acts of self-destruction, also up your start power.

also, consider backing down that braking power especially with the turnigy or other budget packs. i think mine is on 20% and its plenty.

ps, +1 to what br said. batt mfr's could give you any 'C' # they want and you really have no way of calling b/s.

if you want wheelies, flips and other acts of self-destruction, also up your start power.

also, consider backing down that braking power especially with the turnigy or other budget packs. i think mine is on 20% and its plenty.

ps, +1 to what br said. batt mfr's could give you any 'C' # they want and you really have no way of calling b/s.

Braking ok, I'll try that.

I bought the packs with the higher C rating that they claimed, so I would still have plenty. Pity they don't put regulations on C ratings hey..

Ok thanks for the advice, I might just get some 6S packs for the silly stuff.

Also you don't have the tires for back flips... put the stock jelly donuts on it if you want to do silly stuff like that.
A bit more on this please, I didn't get mine with stocks to start with. Would terra pin tires be more for backies or less?

A bit more on this please, I didn't get mine with stocks to start with. Would terra pin tires be more for backies or less?

id guess about the same, but due to the higher side wall and crappy foam, i bet you'd blow them out quicker than the stock flux tires.

id be willing to bet that hpi tested terra's on the flux before choosing the tires they did.

Latest posts

Members online

Back