4 wheels are not working?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcos619

:lmao3:i went out to drive my savage 4.6 4 wheel system is not working i picked it up and turned the front wheels and only the two front ones work any ideas guys????

When you say work, do you mean move? Spin freely? No power to them?

Grub screw is usually the culprit.

When you say work, do you mean move? Spin freely? No power to them?

Grub screw is usually the culprit.

Ok what i mean is that when i pick it up i spin 1 wheel only 1 spins not all 4??? i ran it and i noticed it was slow hope that helps. Also i cleaned my truck today and put some WD40 IN SIDE DOG BONES cant really think of what is wrong haven't crashed it....

Savages have differentials not locked axles. all 4 will not spin when turning one.

What happens when you pick your truck up running and give it some gas?

Check your screws coming off the back of the diffs for your diff cups. Mine walked out the other day and I had no power going to them.

ok when i turned it on i saw the two front wheels spin only anyideas ???

Do you mean under throttle?
I am going with my first assumption and say it's the grub screw. Very common on Savages. Check the small screw that goes through your pinion. It's probably missing or broken. Replace it and loctite it good.

Do you mean under throttle?
I am going with my first assumption and say it's the grub screw. Very common on Savages. Check the small screw that goes through your pinion. It's probably missing or broken. Replace it and loctite it good.

Your right. Thats 90% the problem it happend to me also. What u can do turn in upside down. Spin your wheels, watch your diff cups and the shaft its on. If your shaft is spinning and your cup isn't then its the grub screw. By it in a pack it's 2.50 here in canada comes with 5 or so. Lock Tight It!!! Cheers!

lol yes guys i looked and it was
grub screwthat moves the two back wheels i bought it for $2.00 came with 5 or 6 i dident put thread lock when i installed my 3 speed trans front was really lose too it was just a matter of time that one came undone. Thanks for helping me guys.Now i have thread lock. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back