3rd time is a charm!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrome

Well I got my new body for my Losi LST this weekend and tried my hand at painting with a candy color, again. My first two tries was not to sucsessful. I did like a member on here told me and used very light coats and gave it plenty of time between coats to dry. It worked!! I used Spatz Stix Candy Root Beer with a silver backing.

005_zpsa5bc27de.jpg

001_zps718986e4.jpg

003_zps245e9ee2.jpg

Looks great Chrome..... always use light coats of paint. it keeps runs away and makes a better job ....

Thanks guys! I am happy with this one. Thinking about buying a airbrush and trying that out. What is a good airbrush for a beginner that wont break the bank?

Look at harbor freight tools, they sell an airbrush kit that works great and is pretty cheep and easy to use. I have 2 passche and a few badger airbrushes along with a couple from HF Tools...... I been using airbrushes a long time now and hardly ever resort to canned paint these days....do ya have a compressor of any kind if not you will need one with adjustable pressure to use it properly.....

I'm not a painter nor do I airbrush but I've seen a number of recommendations on RCNT for both the Iwata and Veda airbrushes.

I have a Campbell Hausfeld 1 Gallon Pancake compressor, I cant remember if it has a adjustable regulator or not.

while the iwata and veda sets are great airbrushes, for just starting out I will still recommend the HF set as it is cheap and can spray anything the big names can, although not with the same consistancy and repeatability of some of the top names out there... for what I tend to do i am happy with the cheaper versions (most everyone knows I am a cheapskate) and besides the money one will save one could buy more shells to paint....

The Veda and the Harbor Freight look like they are both in my budget. The Iwata looks a little high for me.

Yup thats it, make sure to buy the hose also otherwise ya got no way to hook it up, I recommend about 30 psi for lacquers and 40 to 50 for parma fascolor, I have not used spaztic paints before, I like the pactra lacquers for my paints, and yes i have to thin em down a bit to spray... if spaztics are lacquers you will need lacquer thinner and a respirator to use while spraying as it is very bad for your lungs.... you can use parma fascolors and they are waterbased and require just a paint mask for breathing... either way you do have an initial startup cost for the first time but is still way better than using cans to paint....

Great job, that came out very nice, love the color! As far as brushes, you can't go wring with an Iwata. I use an Iwata HP-CS, and love it, I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good brush. I used a badger in the past, cant remember the number, and an Paasche VL, and the Iwata blows them both away. Check out Coast Airbrush, that's where I get all my Iwata stuff.

http://www.coastairbrush.com/

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back