3 speed troubles, please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullet2five

Just set a new pre assembled 3 sp in the savage 25. Got 1st into 2nd, but no 3rd. I backed the adjuster off so much that 1st to 2nd happens too soon, but still no 3rd? Running wide open for a long stretch. Truck runs the same as it did before. What am i missing? Any help much appreciated. thanks Dave

I can dial in 1st to 2nd fine, cant get 3rd at all. Book only shows the one adjustment. still confused

i got the kit three speed and found the same problem once i droped it in to my savvy what you have to do is take the transmission out and take the screws out of the case to get into the gears once your there you take the assembly of four gears the plastic drive gears and such. then you have to take clutch holder off so you can take the two smallest gears off then there should be a second clutch holder next to the plastic spur gear once there you just give that clutch holder about a half turn clockwise (at least thats what i turned it and it seemd to work fine after that) (might take a bit of expirementing) but then you rebuild i can probably get pictures but it will mean takeing mina apart but hey if they help might as well my savvy doesnt even have a engine at the moment so why not hope that helps!

thanks, do not want to tear it down. let me hollar at the shop i got it from and see if they will swap me for another. this was a pre assembled new kit from hpi.

yea i agree when i ajusted mine i was think there had to be a beter way but there really isnt cause the teeth os the smallest gear goes over the clutch holder but see what you can find out I'm interested to find out if theres an easier way

Can you hear the shift from 2nd to 3rd, is it as noticable as the 1st to 2nd snap? I am still only hearing the 1 hard shift, but the truck has more top end for sure. Still lost i suppose............

Latest posts

Members online

Back