3 speed to single speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skye Kaptain

Has anyone converted a 3 speed to single speed for brushless?I'm hoping i don't have to replace the whole tranny.

I have it’s very simple and no you don’t have to change the tranny at all.just the enteral’s.
I watched the video on the older style transmission case but wasn't sure if the flux idler gear would work with the 3-speed and the newer cases. Can you steer me in a direction to a part number?

I kinda agree with the "its very simple", putting it together is simple, working out what parts you need and trying to source them is a whole new level though ?

My opinion, save the time and just by a ready to go one with a centre diff, saves you breaking front and rear diffs so often with flux.
This one from rc4me.us is less than $60USD
1575432875523.png

I kinda agree with the "its very simple", putting it together is simple, working out what parts you need and trying to source them is a whole new level though ?

My opinion, save the time and just by a ready to go one with a centre diff, saves you breaking front and rear diffs so often with flux.
View attachment 7403
Thanks, I'll probably sell the 3 speed and get one of those diff styles for both trucks.

Here's some parts you'd need to convert the 3 speed. Pretty sure thats all you need, plus some parts are re-used from the 3 speed ?

hpi 100905
hpi 86274
hpi 86275

This youtube video should get you in the right direction for doing the change ?

Something made me think the transmission would be longer,having 3rd gear I just sized up to the flux one of its exact same length, so I'm just going to go ahead and do this exact mod, these kits are on Amazon?. I'll upgrade to center differentials as I break stuff I guess, savages are differential eaters ?, so I'll probably keep it on 4S.

I got lucky when I did my single speed conversion my local had one kit on the shelf. As for the diff eater I’ve ran mine on 6s and never had a issue with my stock diffs.

The extra gears are stronger gear replacements for the trans, summed up well in this post on RCCOH forums.
I figure while you're already in there, may as well make it stronger, one less failure point on the rig

I've ordered two of the gearboxes from rc4me, they are great! Awesome customer service as well. They are active on the forum also. Answered all of my questions before ordering.

I've ordered two of the gearboxes from rc4me, they are great! Awesome customer service as well. They are active on the forum also. Answered all of my questions before ordering.
Yea, they're good to deal with,i bought parts for the XL from them,its quick shipping here

View attachment 7403
+1 on that. I replaced the flux hp transmission with one of those and couldn't be happier. Having the center diff with 750K oil really calmed down the wheelies, even when on 4S, the shorter flux hp was a real handful to drive. Now on 6S, it's pretty crazy, but the center diff still helps. Also really helps with the diff life. I don't think I've busted a diff since I installed that transmission. Before that, I had busted 3 or 4 input pinions.

I did have issue with the input shaft, which I documented here:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/thre...-transmission-in-my-hpi-savage-flux-hp.18833/

Also trying to figure out the right gearing for 6S was/is an ongoing issue:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/savage-flux-hp-gearing-for-6s.19348/

Running 16/48 with that RC4ME.US transmission in it on 6S. I don't run the truck much as my outcast and ERBEv2 take up most of my time. So the savage sits on the shelf.

I just installed the single speed conversion,I had to flip the gears over from everything shown in all the videos because of the extra gear, so far it works pretty well,good enough to break an upper a arm. ?, as soon as I thin the collection down to the bigger trucks, I'll order a couple of those with differentials in them.

I have an older Savage XL flux, and the XL flux differential transmission on RC4me looks like it has all together different way of mounting to the chassis .is anybody have a clue as to whether it'll work on older chassis here is my original transmission from the old XL flux? I know the one for the conversion will fit the nitro conversion Savage it looks like I may have to use the conversion model on my flux XL as well.15766936906155345144584424121389.jpg

There are two different transmissions now in the savage lineup.

The Savage Flux XL (standard from hpi, not a conversion) and the Savage octane have (if I'm not mistaken) the same gearbox. Every other savage share a different transmission. If you've been in the savage game for a while this is the gearbox you'd be familiar with.

The one you have pictured is the older version trans. I have pictured them both below, you will need the second one ?

RC4me explains this on their site with the two different center diff trans' they sell.

The newer transmission:
1576713434426.png

The older transmission:
1576713417518.png

(photo credits, taken from @rc4me.US site)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back