3 speed to confusing.....someone please simplify

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

on-spinners

o.k, i read all the threads that have been posted on the 3 speed, and i also re-read the instructions of how the installation is to be done, compared to what has been suggested on those threads.........i'm sure i'm not the only guy out there that needs more insight.
first off i have the kit version of the 3 speed, and it is installed into the savage .21, all works fine first to second is as snappy as the origional, but even with the adjustment on the side (behind the brake arm) of the tranny, i have gone all the way clock-wise (later shift) and most of the way counter-clockwise (but not so far as to have the grub screw fall out into the tranny) i had results in sooner or later shifts into second gear only, and the engine peaks out as if it wants to hit 3rd but never does, i thought that engine temp. may be a factor but that is all dialed in and i thought that even the mixture setting may be hindering the high rpm..........so far, no luck.
i read in one thread that the adjustment needs to be made inside the tranny......if this is true could someone post pictures of what needs to be adjusted because in the hpi manual for the 3 speed there is nothing indicating that the user needs to adjust in order for it to work properly:confused: .
i appreciate all the help guys! this site is a good one so far i have had good info thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

Back