2s to 3s LiPo what extra parts will I need?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBud

I'm thinking about switching from 2s to 3s and am trying to figure out what all i need, I know I need at least these
HPI Racing 105809 Idler Gear 32T-60T 48 Pitch and
HPI Racing 6924 Pinion Gear 48Pitch 24 Tooth

Anything else? I'm not sure if the stock esc will handle it for very long.
Anyone using 3s LiPo let me know what you did please.
Thanks.

no idea why my type set switched to this.

I'm thinking about switching from 2s to 3s and am trying to figure out what all i need, I know I need at least these
HPI Racing 105809 Idler Gear 32T-60T 48 Pitch and
HPI Racing 6924 Pinion Gear 48Pitch 24 Tooth

Anything else? I'm not sure if the stock esc will handle it for very long.
Anyone using 3s LiPo let me know what you did please.
Thanks.

no idea why my type set switched to this.

A couple of guys have switched to 3s and have had lots of breakage, check some of the other XS threads and see what they did and what broke....

So far for me i just had the Pinion set screw back out, but i haven't suffered any major damage, now i don't jump mine off a 30 foot roof and anything crazy like that, but just running it around on street and your average race track it's been fine.

So far for me i just had the Pinion set screw back out, but i haven't suffered any major damage, now i don't jump mine off a 30 foot roof and anything crazy like that, but just running it around on street and your average race track it's been fine.

Thanks for the reply. What pinion tooth are you using?

As they wear out you may want to upgrade to the HD ball cups on the diffs and transmission, and get a set of CVDs.

Personally we run ours with a completely stock setup on 3S.
Discovering how viscous the truck becomes with the extra cell I have just realized limiting the throttle percentage keeps things from ripping off. Still faster than 2S but not ludicrous speed.

the stock esc did not take the 3s battery, i had to replace it with a mamba max pro. drivetrain took a beating in 3s and had to get new dog bones and cups every 5 runs or so. I got the silver cups that were a lot stronger and I never changed them at all even on 3s.

Latest posts

Members online

Back