2019/05/19 Savage X at the park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

HPISF Supporter
Made a few more changes to try to make the truck a bit more peppy than before. Seemed to work out well. It's very snappy off the line and still gets a decent top speed. The grass here was really tall though, it's tall everywhere because rain has been pretty persistent the past couple of weeks. I think it will do even better in grass that's not 5+ inches tall. Hoping the BMX track is mowed by next weekend... I think it's ready to try running there again. Well, once I fix the busted center axle.

Thread from the last time out fussing with the tune:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/2019-05-10-savage-x-tuning-the-lrp30s2.19339/

I'm waiting on OS A5 (cold) plugs to show up in the mail. Will probably try one out to see the difference. Running Byrons 25% race blend and odonnel purple (medium) plug now. The pipe a tire change made quite an improvement though. Temps were fairly stable between 240 and 260. Still running a tad lean probably. Seemed to put out decent power and clean rev's most of the time this time out. I only got 500cc's through it before I broke my last center cvd. Got a couple in the mail already as well as the diff cup, it's pretty notched/worn. Also need to balance one of the front tires, or replace it. It was pretty bad at high rpm's.

Latest posts

Members online

Back