2018 0701 Latest Savage Flux bashing video at the skatepark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Need to figure out a better place to mount the onboard camera. Going to try mounting it to the side of the body instead of the hood. Watching that footage to edit was nauseating. lol

The camera has EIS (electronic image stabilization), which is why I spent more on the hero5 session vs hero session 2018. As it turns out, it's more for removing the shaking when holding the camera by hand, when walking or using as a dash cam in a car. Live and learn I guess. Could have saved some money and just gotten a small <$100 camera. I use a hero 5 black for everything else. I wear it on a lanyard around my neck, since I don't move much and I edit out all the walking. I run that at 1080p 120fps so I can slow mo the crashes. That's something I like to see myself, so I probably overuse it. Seeing how far the parts bend and flex amazes me every time. LOL!

I use windows "Movie Maker" to piece mine together. It has an anti-shake option in it, takes a while on long video files as it re-renders the entire video even if you only cut out a 10 second snippet. However, using that made the rendered video very blurry and grainy, so I reimported everything and didn't use that feature.

For small injections of POV shots, it's not awful to see the jitter. I couldn't sit through 5 minutes of it if I was watching it. I try to make my videos be something I don't feel the constant need to fast forward through and those kinds of videos are something I skip through a lot. However, I do like the ones where you see something on the vehicle like a front wheel or at least the hood, then you have something in the shot as a stable reference. Makes it a bit less nauseating to watch.

My only reason for having these cameras is for RC. I don't use them for anything else. Seems goofy when I think about spending $500+ on cameras for videos a handful of people see. Not to mention the hours it takes to cut them up, render and upload them. For instance, that 4 minute video was the result of chopping up 1.5 hours of my chest camera footage and 1 hour of the POV camera. Sifting through that hour of footage from the truck camera made me dizzy. lol I had to get up and not look at it for a while a few times.

I do find I go back and watch them myself though.

Ive done few my self but on an app on my phone its cool..i like watching my own video too just good to see how they perform. I try an get some good angles when i film an then put em together iits all part of the hobby these days i think .

Ive done few my self but on an app on my phone its cool..i like watching my own video too just good to see how they perform. I try an get some good angles when i film an then put em together iits all part of the hobby these days i think .
When I started, I used my phone. Then it would overheat and shut down. Figured I didn't want to put all that strain on a device I rely on every day. LOL! Then I got a cheap akaso ek7000, it did ok. It would overheat if I kept it in a case. It ended up out of focus towards the end of last year. If you tapped it, it would be in focus, but you couldn't tell until you downloaded the file and viewed it on a pc because on the small screen, it looekd fine. I got another to replace it, but it corrupted all my files. Got a refund for that one, then decided I'd just bite the bullet and get a gopro. It's been very reliable so far this year. I don't use any of the gopro software though, other than fiddling on the phone app to adjust settings.

Latest posts

Members online

Back