2.4Ghz Modules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammer

Anyone here using an 'old' 27/40/75mhz system they've upgraded to 2.4Ghz using modules?

how do they perform? same as just getting a dedicated 2.4Ghz system?

I run around with few buddies who run the 3PK and have switched to the 2.4 and they seem to work great just as my 3PM 2.4Ghz dedicated radios do.

all I have at the moment is a savage ... but since i've been getting SO into the savage its stirred my interest in getting into some racing again too.

I'm off to the local track this weekend so see what's going on ...

I like the pistol grip for my surface stuff too. If you noticed that radio si set up for surface stuff. Most of the "Toy" trucks Ive had came with stick radios, its not too bad, but I like the feel of the knob that rotaates for the feel of steering.

i'm english ... i drive stick! ;)

no really, i so so so prefer stick to the wheel controllers. feels more accurate for me to be honest. every serious RC car i've owned i've used a stick controller. I managed to get hold of a knackard acoms for free the other day and at the weekend I went out with both controllers. i wanted to use them both to really make up my mind with practical use of both.

I started on the hpi wheel controller then after a couple of tanks of fuel I switched the batteries over and used the stick ... I was in heaven!

back in the day (like 17 years ago!) with my home made nitro truck and my old monster beetle I used stick all the way and loved it.

When I started looking around for comparable stick controllers today I quickly found out that the choice for 2/3 channel stick controllers was pretty thin on the ground in comparison to the wheel controllers.

anyway, I got a really good deal on this ... its coming with a 40Mhz module and rx and 2.4Ghz spektrum (Futaba) module and rx, chargers and batteries ... altogether new it would cost about £550 I got it for £200 ... plus its only been used 4 or 5 times ... and if I was going to get a the lower end one the 3GR that was going to be about £160 ... so I went for it.

Most of the videos that I've seen on company websites that pertain to their products and some vids on youtube that people over in european countries use stick stlye radios. But, I do prefer to pistol style over stick for my car and truck. At least until I get the money to build a crawler, then I'm gonna get a stick for that.

Latest posts

Members online

Back