....??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaceracer

Has anyone had any problems with stock clutch shoes in a 4.6? Like in the previous post I was having issues with the truck idling and creeping forward like it was to lean or the idle was to high but last night I finally got it to idle like I wanted it to and it still is creeping forward. I'm wondering if maybe I have a defective clutch shoe or shoes? I haven't taken it apart yet to look at it I just wanted some opinions.

Anything is possible and it never hurts to inspect them. How long have you been running them? Perhaps your clutch shoe springs are damaged/ stretched.

I just got through the break in but it was doing this from the start and I know its new and it takes time yada yada but this is one of those things that you know something is off and won't go away until its fixed if that makes sense.

Take the clutch apart and see if the shoes or springs are sticking and check for damage. Though, just being through break-in, you shouldn't have anything broken yet. Also check out the clutch bell bearings, if they are damaged it could cause something like this too. Doesn't hurt to check spacing too (between clutch bell and clutch shoes/ flywheel), make sure the clutch bell spins freely when not up against the spur gear.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back