Help me build a Savage that will smoke a bunch of tricked out Slashes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to disagree on the spi rims. You use them you will never be able to get around the track. Use 1/2" offset either with xl axles or rims but not both. To wide and you won't be able to stear the beast.

Don't get me wrong spi's look cool but they will never do for on the track. As far as rollover set the truck up right and you won't even have to worry about it.

Alex....can't agree with you there....SPIs are what was schooling the boys at the finals......i've ran SPI's, warlocks, prolines, and axial wheels....and NOTHING compares to the SPI's. its not the wheels anyway....but i can't say that you will NEVER get around the track. Travis uses them on everything he runs and look at how many races he's won. they won't be too wide unless you run the XL axles...then you may have a little problem.....but if you think just because someone runs SPIs on the track that is any easy win.....you are gonna have a HORRIBLE REALITY in front of you kidd......SPIs truck don't flip out there at Digger's..................:stickspank:

Alex....can't agree with you there....SPIs are what was schooling the boys at the finals......i've ran SPI's, warlocks, prolines, and axial wheels....and NOTHING compares to the SPI's. its not the wheels anyway....but i can't say that you will NEVER get around the track. Travis uses them on everything he runs and look at how many races he's won. they won't be too wide unless you run the XL axles...then you may have a little problem.....but if you think just because someone runs SPIs on the track that is any easy win.....you are gonna have a HORRIBLE REALITY in front of you kidd......SPIs truck don't flip out there at Digger's..................:stickspank:

+1 very true... thats why i got my set! Seems to make the difference and winning.

you are talking about a whole diffrent beast matt the nl stlye racing and the normal offroad tracks that run buggy,truggy, short course and so on. Nl style racing is designed for people with stock mt's to go out and be able to compete. That is great as it goes a long way towards leveling the playing field so you don't have to dump a ton of cash in a truck to compete. Look at some of the top finishers over the years. I would go as far as to say that a decent driver with a rtr truck could win it. That's a great thing and alot of the reason it has become as big as it is.

On a 1/10 or 1:8 scale track all the rules change.

Well today I received my CF bulkhead plates and my delrin gears. I went ahead and put the plates on the truck and forgot to take pics of work in progress. But I did make somewhat of a how-to for replacing the gears in the tranny. It can be seen here on the forums.
Here is a pic of the truck with the plates installed:
dsc0117ln.jpg

I really like the way the CF looks and can't wait to get the rest of it.

`HE posted that on the 5th but this on the 4th ,,,,

This forum feels like a jail cell! We have an "Administration Monitor" (whatever that is) that is on some kind of power trip! When you ask a question in the "Shout Box" you are lucky to get an answer besides "LOL" like you are some turd that has no concept of simple mechanics. This is a great site and it has great potential and believe me, I have owned a few great sites, but the leadership here needs to take the tuned pipe out of their <edit by frddyj> and grow up! I am ashamed to say that because I have not been provided with the information that I was invited to this community to seek, that I have found elsewhere. I will not be visiting this forum after I hit the "Post Message" java button below this box! Thanks The Pope NJ for inviting me here. It has been, well I can't say a great experience because it hasn't.

To all that reads this before it gets erased by your "Administration Monitor" (whatever that is) that is on some kind of power trip, ----- Enjoy your jail cell community!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Robin called me he started a new forum ... I checked it out has 3 members if you want a link LMK Ill pm it to you ...

I guess caz I didn't follow up on the tranny post at the top I set him off ??? who knows... 100 emails a day with thread updates it gets a lil hard to follow... My bad...

Safe to say this is a dead thread...

:MPSred: oops

Members online

Back